COVID UPDATE – BRADDAN PARISH COMMISSIONERS
Following the announcement from the Chief Minister today, Braddan Commissioners would like to update residents on how they are going to manage the situation with regard to services:-
- The fortnightly recycling collection has been suspended with immediate effect. We will advise residents when it recommences.
- Domestic and Commercial Refuse collections will continue as normal but please ensure that your wheelie bin handles are cleaned prior to and after collection. Side waste will not be collected. Assisted collections will continue as normal.
- All play areas will be closed with immediate effect.
- The Commissioners’ Office Public counter has been closed with immediate effect. We have written out to all tenants directly affected by this today with alternative arrangements for rent payments.
- The staff are working remotely and can be contacted by phone on 852808 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Routine and non-urgent Public Sector Housing repairs are suspended with immediate effect. Only repairs assessed to be an emergency will be undertaken in line with our strict Covid working arrangements. If you require a repair, please continue to contact the Commissioners’ Office, please do not contact the contractor directly.
- The Memorial Hall in Union Mills is no longer available to hire for the time being. We will contact anyone with a booking to arrange a refund.
- Please ensure that 2m social distancing is always observed.
The most up to date and accurate health guidance on Covid-19 is available on the Government’s website:-