SELF ISOLATING OR SUSPECTED INFECTION
If you believe you, or a member of your household have Covid 19, please take note of the following steps to protect our refuse contractors.
Cleaning and disposal of waste:
- Use your usual household products, such as detergents and bleach, as these will be very effective at getting rid of the virus on surfaces.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces. Personal waste (such as used tissues) and disposable cleaning cloths can be stored securely within disposable rubbish bags.
- These bags should be placed into a second bag, tied securely and kept separate from other waste in the room in which you are self-isolating.
- Keep all bagged waste aside for at least 72 hours before putting into your usual external household waste bin.
- All waste must be bagged and inside the bin. No side waste will be collected throughout this crisis.
The most up to date and accurate health guidance on Covid-19 is available on the Government’s website:-