Why stand as a candidate in Braddan?
· Braddan is no longer “just” a rural parish
· It is strategically sited just outside the island’s capital
· Many businesses have relocated their headquarters to Braddan in recent years
· Braddan is the centre of a recent expansion of retail, light industry and technology
companies, attracted by the additional space and close proximity to Douglas, all of
which provide jobs, hugely benefitting the economy of the island as a whole
· Your decisions will be seen by a large proportion of the island’s population
· In the recently completed Area Plan for the East, more areas of the parish have been
earmarked for housing and commercial development, thereby increasing the population
and business opportunities even further
Opening of the 30 new local authority apartments for social housing at Mullen Doway, Union Mills in September 2021.
Strang Corner Field
Scheduled Opening in January 2023 – the new £6.8m Community Centre at Strang Corner Field, will include:-
· Coffee shop
· Multi-use sports hall
· Event venue
· Indoor soft play area
· Public playground
· Exercise track
You will have input into many aspects of the finished design and operation of the building.